We had a flight from Bilbao to Milan
We had a flight from Bilbao to Milan, followed by another flight from Milan to Tirana the following day, on Saturday.
While we were at Bilbao Airport, the departure time of our flight was initially delayed by one hour. We waited, but we immediately became worried that we would miss our connecting flight from Milan. After waiting for approximately one hour, we were informed that our flight had been completely cancelled.
We went to the Vueling office to ask for assistance and information, but we were not even allowed to enter the office. We could only speak with staff outside the office. We then spent several hours waiting, stressed, exhausted, and standing, without receiving any clear information about what was happening or what we were supposed to do.
After several hours, we received a notification informing us that we were expected to remain in Bilbao until Tuesday. This was extremely difficult for us because we had work commitments on Monday and we did not have enough money to stay in Bilbao for several additional days.
We were given a document stating that we could claim up to â¬150 per day for expenses and that these expenses would be reimbursed later. However, this amount was not sufficient for the circumstances, especially considering the unexpected costs caused by the cancellation.
Because I could not afford to lose several days or miss work, and because I needed to return home as soon as possible, I was forced to purchase another flight for the following day from Bilbao to Rome and then from Rome to Tirana, at my own expense.
What made the situation even worse was the complete lack of clear communication. We were repeatedly told that there was no information from Vueling, but nobody could give us a proper explanation or a concrete reason for the cancellation. We were simply left waiting without knowing what to do.
This was one of the worst travel experiences I have ever had. We were left in the middle of our journey, without sufficient money, without proper assistance, and without clear answers. Being told to remain in Bilbao for three or four additional days, without a clear explanation or reasonable alternative, was extremely stressful and unacceptable.
I booked my original trip specifically over the weekend because I had work on Monday and wanted to avoid any disruption to my job. Unfortunately, because of this cancellation and the lack of assistance, I had to spend additional money and make alternative travel arrangements myself.
I sincerely ask Vueling to review my case carefully and provide the appropriate compensation and reimbursement for the expenses I was forced to incur because of this disruption.
I would appreciate it if my claim could be processed as soon as possible.
Thank you.